Here at KYD we love our wonderful members – you are the reason we can continue to publish great Australian writing, including this week’s Tasmania Showcase. That’s why, to say thanks for your support, we’re giving all new and current Tasmania-based KYD Members the chance to win two tickets to the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra’s performance of Fauré Requiem on 4 August.
In Gabriel Fauré’s setting of the Requiem, the soul journeys from this life to the next on wings of glorious song. Quiet and reflective, the Fauré Requiem eschews the fire and brimstone dramatics of many settings of the Mass for the Dead and instead offers music that soothes and consoles. With its comforting mood and ravishingly beautiful episodes, this is one of the most beloved of all works for choir and orchestra.
Accompanying the Requiem is a new work by Australian composer Melody Eötvös. Commissioned by the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra, the new composition takes up the Shakespeare theme of the TSO’s 70th-anniversary season.
To be entered into the draw automatically, simply purchase a new KYD Membership from just $17.50. Current members, simply email your name and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line ‘TSO’ to enter.
KYD Membership offers you:
- Full access to premium member content, including the complete digital archive
- Weekly curated emails delivered direct to your inbox
- Automatic entry to members-only giveaways
- Entry to the KYD Unpublished Manuscript Award and the KYD New Critic Award
- Discounts on all tickets to KYD Writers’ Workshops
- Discounts on all KYD manuscript and short story assessments
- Invitations to members-only events and parties
- Ability to submit and pitch your writing
- Warm-fuzzies for supporting independent Australian publishing!
Entries close 11:59pm AEDT Sunday 22 July.