Killings brings you our weekly selection of posts that have amused, enlightened and
generally distracted us.
Let’s round up some round ups:
- Mess + Noise give you their tracks of 2012 – some of the best local acts around. Definitely worth sticking in your earholes!
- Slate list ‘The Overlooked Books of 2012’ – know them before they were cool. Then you’ll be cool. Because soon they’ll be cool. But you’ll still be cooler.
- Frankie have put together a list of outdoor cinemas available for your viewing pleasure this summer.
- Vulture’s resident music critic’s favourite songs of 2012 – make your way to 2012 tune town.
- First Tuesday Book Club’s ‘10 Aussie Books To Read Before You Die’.
In Bill Murray news (like there’s any other news):
- Here’s a great NY Times interview
- Up for discussion: The Playlist list ‘The 5 Best Bill Murray Performances’
- Relive (only) 20 reasons (out of infinity) why ‘Bill Murray is the Coolest Human Being Alive’
- Apparently this happened this week, adding another billion awesome-points to Bill Murray’s awesomeness scoreboard
Funny fun fun times funny? Channel Bill Crosby and get your laugh on at some bad kids jokes.
The Atlantic take a look at Leonard Cohen’s seminal song ‘Hallelujah’ and its many, many appropriations in recent times.
Links! Bang! Enjoy your weekend!!